Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I wrote earlier but did not get answer before someone in my

Customer Question
house closed the window. JA: I'll...
I wrote earlier but did not get answer before someone in my house closed the window.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: This morning our built-in KitchenAid Microwave was not heating though it seemed to be working. The regular Microwave noise was louder than usual. Following the manual instructions we pushed the "Control Lock"button for 5 seconds but now we cannot get it to go back on by using the same process. We turned off the power and turned it back on. Nothing. With Control lock on we cannot operate our oven either.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I am trying to figure out the model. Superba bought in 2003
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Only if it is an easy fix. Repair people are closed today and it is a built-in. The information on the lower left side of the microwave frame when you open the door: 8538 794 54001 and under that XNM(###) ###-####
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Maybe the combo microwave and convection oven is Model KEMC 308K5256
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
7/10/2016
Appliance Technician: Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Ezekiel
Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician

please try this and let me know

To Lock/Unlock Control: The microwave oven and Timer must

be off. Touch and hold START for 5 seconds until 2 tones sound

and a lock icon appears on the display. Repeat to unlock and

remove the lock icon from display

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I wrote that I already tried this but it does not work. Please read my description carefully. If you cannot resolve this I do not expect to pay anything, correct?

the loud humming is a part called the magnetron that produces the heat for the microwave .

I read you question care fully and that is the sequence if your computer board is not responding to command the touchpad obviously wont work

the magnetron needs replacing you can get it at www.repairclinic.com they ship overnight the control board as well

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But it is all moot as long as the Control Lock cannoy unlock. It sounds like I will need a Kitchenaud repair person on Monday. Is Megatron something I can replace myself? From searching the net I do not think so since this is a builtin
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It could be the diode which is not allowing the Megatron to work

can be the diode in my 28 yrs of service ive had it be the diode maybe 2 out of a 100 microwaves the magnetron heats cools down heats cools down eventually the end of it blows out big ol short then you have that loud hum sound very very common

the control board locked is one thing the magnetron problem is completely separate from that .happens all the time the part wears out

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But the happened at the same time. Clearly I need to have this done professionally. Do you live near Oakland Ca?

I can find you an appliance company in Oakland Ca but again the magnetron noise has nothing nothing to do with the touchpad issue you are having.

appliancerepairoaklandca.com

5

*****Ste 100-188, Oakland, CA 94612(###) ###-####/p>

here you go all I ask is that you rate me high as that's how I get paid from the site if you chose not to rate me high its ok I just want to help or point you in the right direction thank you and good luck to you.

PROFESSIONAL APPLIANCE REPAIR IN OAKLAND

Provided by A-Star Appliance Service Company

SERVICES(###) ###-####/p>

PARTS(###) ###-####/p>

Services

Refrigerator Repair

Washer Repair

Dryer Repair

Oven Repair

Range Repair

Dishwasher Repair

Freezer Repair

Ice Maker Repair

Microwave Repair

Disposal Repair

Is your appliance broken? We can help!

Appliance Parts

Call(###) ###-####for Parts

Call(###) ###-####for Repair Services

Free Estimate

Same Day Service

$20 Discount

get it fixed today

with any repair

if we do the job

8AM - 8PM Mon - Fri

Office Hours

8AM - 5PM Saturday

Repair Offers

We explain the reason for the repair and quote you a flat, fixed price

We will waive service charge if you decide to hire us for the repair

Free service call

***** Ste #100-188, Oakland, CA 94612

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We have found a couple of high rated repair places here but not open until Monday. Thanks. I happy to rate you high but to be honest I do not think I should have to pay them the $27 I think they quoted but did not let me ask questions about that

I honestly don't believe they will charge you that amount I'm a appliance tech I have no control over any money paid nor do I know that department you may want to contact customer service on your end I'm sure then can clear everything up for you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Repair clinic cannot find the part. I will also call Kitchenaud on monday
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks

also check www.appliancepartspros.com

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
FYI Professional Appliance get's 1/2 star on Yelp. https://www.google.com/search?q=PROFESSIONAL+APPLIANCE+REPAIR+IN+OAKLAND&oq=PROFESSIONAL+APPLIANCE+REPAIR+IN+OAKLAND&aqs=chrome..69i57.172j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I'm sorry can you explain that please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yelp has customer reviews and if you go to the link you will see. I have several high rated to call

great ok I wasn't aware of that ok well that gives you a better chance of getting a quality company

please rate me high thanks again good luck

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If you do not know about Yelp you should check it out as it will help you make referrals that are good. Maybe you are rated

will do thank you for the info

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
By the way the key pad works fine to set the timer

ok

Ezekiel
Ezekiel
Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician