Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool front load clothes dryer (circa 2003). It

Customer Question
gives me a 3E error...
I have a whirlpool front load clothes dryer (circa 2003). It gives me a 3E error. I changed out the dryer fuse and still have the same error popping up. The power is on but the dryer wont run.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's a 2003
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: GE W9200LW1
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/9/2016
Appliance Technician: John, restaurant equipment technician replied 1 year ago
John, restaurant equipment technician

Will you please send me the model number? Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
GE W9200LW1
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
MOD: GE W9200LW1
SER: MP3230126
TYPE: DADT-ELE-(###) ###-####– EL54

The basic problem concerns water levels. Inspect the water faucets to make sure they're no leaking, and filling the tub, when the washer is off. Check the drain hose and the drain pump assembly for debris accumulation. Remove any debris you find there. If cleaning everything doesn't solve the problem, please let me know, and we will pursue other solutions.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will you respond to this page or my email?

You can use this page to contact me.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well,
I can honestly say I'm not impressed. I'm working w/ a dryer not a washer. The dryer has nothing to do w/ water and you obviously didn't even read my info/ question. Typical help desk... Disappointing.
I hope you don't charge me for the less than helpful response.

My apology. I misread the original message. The problem is most likely with the door lock assembly. Please listen carefully, while you open and close the door, for a switch click. If you don't hear a click, the door lock will need to be replaced. If this is the case, please let me know, and I'll send you the part number and price.

Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

That display has nothing to do with the door switch. That error should only display during a diagnostic cycle and is a message that there is an issue with the electronics. See the attached page. Will it go into a diagnostic cycle?

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Kelly, Appliance Technician