Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a kitchenaid side by side refrigerator, about 12

Customer Question

Hi. I have a kitchenaid side by side refrigerator, about 12 years old. The Drain pan underneath slowly fills up and is overflowing. The fan over it seems to still run. Not sure what is causing it and if I can do anything to fix it other than to call a tech.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

First, run a wire down the pan drain hole to clear any debris out of the drain line. Second, perform the following door gasket seal test. Using a paper money bill, insert it at various spots around the door, while closing the door normally. If you find areas where there's little or no resistance to pulling the bill out, replace the door gasket. If you'll send me the complete model number, I'll send you the part number and price.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The water filter fitting on the filter housing is leaking or the filter is cracked. If you remove the water filter, does it still fill up? If so, the housing will need to be replaced. If not, the filter will need to be replaced.