How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kelly Your Own Question
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 22865
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Kelly is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Water has been collecting under my bottom draws in my

Customer Question

Water has been collecting under my bottom draws in my refrigerator, is there a drain hole that might be plugged and where is it
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Its a GE Profile 24.7cuft, TBX25PA
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can and its not to difficult
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Any drain hole will be located at the lowest spot on the floor panel. It usually requires a flash light to find it. If you do find it, run a wire into the hole to clear the drain line.

If you don't find one, try the following door gasket seal test. Using a paper money bill, insert it at various spots around the door, while closing the door normally. If you find areas where there's little or no resistance to pulling the bill out, replace the door gasket. Its part number is ***** and its price is $75.20. You can buy it at

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

You will need to pull the unit out to access the drain tube. It is shown as number 315 in the diagram at the link below and is mounted on the back of the cabinet.


The drain fitting right at the top that pushes into the cabinet is likely plugged, that is very common. It will simply pull out for cleaning. Once it has been cleaned, it should prevent any more water from collecting under the drawers.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!