Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have an ei32ar65js and the door alarm keeps going off.

Customer Question

Hi, I have an ei32ar65js and the door alarm keeps going off. Door is definitely shut. Each time I hit turn off alarm button but after a few minutes it comes back on. I tried unplugging fridge and replugging but no luck.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

If the cabinet lights are not coming on, even though the control is signaling the door is open, the board is likely faulty. Can you gently pry the seal open without opening the door to see if the lights are on or off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually it appears to be the sensors on the door switch. Some water hit them which appears to create a short. After I jiggled them and got the water off it was fine.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Odd the lights did not come on as well but glad it is fixed, nice work!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually I never said anything about the lights :-) They remained on the whole time.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Ah, okay. Glad you got it going.