Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a ge monogrom bottom mount freezer and water keeps…

Customer Question
I have a ge...

I have a ge monogrom bottom mount freezer and water keeps leaking out the bottom. I had ge service 2x. They cleaned the freezer drin through funnel than thy replaced defrost control timer and its still leaking.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2001. Model # *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depending what needs doing

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Donrt think so

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
7/6/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Is it pooling in the freezer and leaking out or actually under the unit?

OK

That is a blocked defrost drain line in the freezer, you need to remove the items in the freezer section. Once they are all out remove the back panel INSIDE the freezer to get at the evaporator and Defrost Drain pan under the evaporator. You will see it is all iced over. You need to melt all the ice and that will expose a DRAIN HOLE towards the middle of the drain pan under the evaporator. Clear that out with a steamer, hot water with a turkey baster or compressed air Make sure the drain is working by pouring a half cup of really hot water down it and it should drain nice and fast If so put the unit back together and it will be all fixed!

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!