Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an f70 error code on my washer, Kenmore elite4997,

Customer Question

I have an f70 error code on my washer
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Kenmore elite(###) ###-####4997
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, I need a service call as soon as I can get one pease
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F70 means there is a communication error. Either your MCU (motor control unit) or the interface display board has failed, or the wiring in between the parts is loose. To see which is your issue, remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel and the top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. There is a control board in the front right corner mounted to the right side wall. Unplug the wire harness labeled MI3. Now see if the washer will will turn on without showing F70. If so, then you need to replace the MCU which is mounted to the floor below the tub on the floor. And if you still get an F70 error then check the wire harnesses plugged into the display board and if it all checks good then you need to replace the display board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.