Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a GE Profile Refrigerator its flashing 040 on the

Customer Question
I have a GE Profile...
I have a GE Profile Refrigerator its flashing 040 on the door controller. Is it the motherboard or something else?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
7/5/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your refrigerator today. Do you have a model number located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section so I can better assist you? And is the refrigerator still cooling or??

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the refrigerator is cooling somewhat. I can hear the compressor going off and on. I reserved a motherboard at a local store but am not purchasing it until i know for sure that is the issue. PFCS1RKZA SS

OK perfect, thank you for the model. So the mother board isn't going to be the problem. Try to unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If the issue comes back when you plug the unit back in, you need to replace the display board because 040 is not a stored fault in the mother board which means that the display board is just acting up. The display board is part number wr55x11092.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok so i figured out that the number i found (040) was actually the preset temperature. Is that a known fault or error? the 0 and the 040 seem to be the fridge and the freezer separate temperatures. Is your diagnosis still the same?i

That is correct if the number is ***** and unplugging the unit won't reset the issue, the display board itself would need to be replaced.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
now its showing "0000" there looks to be other little circuit boards in there as well...but its a guarantee that this main display board is the issue?

You can never rule the main control board out completely since it could be communicating incorrectly with the display board, but the display board is the one that should be causing this issue. Also, one other thing to check with the 0000 is to unplug the wire harness connection at the freezer door hinge. Make sure there is no corrosion on any of the pins. If there is then unplug the unit and clean up the pins with a toothbrush. Reconnect and try again. If it still acts up then replace the display board.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for the help

No problem and I wish you only the best. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and if you need anything else just let me know.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc