Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Bosche Dishwasher (Ascenta). 1-yr old. Dishwasher won't

Customer Question

Bosche Dishwasher (Ascenta). 1-yr old. Dishwasher won't start. There is water in the basin that does not drain. I've tried pressing the start button to 'cancel' which in the past would flush any water resting in the bottom. I've checked the filter and it was clean. There is a child lock to this washer but that light it not on. Hoping this just needs a reset. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Good morning! Unfortunately the only reset is to either unplug the dishwasher for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset or to press and hold the start/cancel button for 5 seconds and the dishwasher should cancel and allow you to select a new cycle and try a new cycle. Other than that if it still won't start a cycle, then either your control board is bad or the door latch is bad and the switch inside the latch isn't telling the dishwasher the door is shut which stops the dishwasher from running. The faulty part would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks. ***** go, what would it cost to get either of those items replaced?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

No problem. To replace the door latch would be about $150 with trip, labor, and part. The control board would be about $225 or so with trip labor and part.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?