Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We have a GE washer and the little went off that the cycle

Customer Question
We have a GE washer...
We have a GE washer and the little bell went off that the cycle was done. However the door remains locked. It won't re-run a cycle or really respond to anything. We drained some water out of there through the access panel on the lower right and verified that there isn't anything caught in there. We have tried unplugging it and plugging back in and that does not work either.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
7/4/2016
Appliance Technician: bruce peterson,
 replied 1 year ago
bruce peterson

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today with your appliance issue. If you have not provided a model# ***** do so now to get most accurate help and make repair most effective. I would also ask to be rated for my support because this is the way that I am compensated for my time and knowledge.

Appliance Technician: bruce peterson,
 replied 1 year ago

Your door lock has failed and you need to replace it. If you don't have the tools or aptitude to change it then having a repairman come out would be best solution. Without model I can't get tech sheet to help you check all functions.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
GE washer model number is ***** 4800k
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you have directions as to how to open the door?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you also please email tech sheet?
Appliance Technician: bruce peterson,
 replied 1 year ago

Give me a few minutes to locate sheets if any for opening door and further testing.

Appliance Technician: bruce peterson,
 replied 1 year ago

which series is it 0ww,1ww,2ww?

Appliance Technician: bruce peterson,
 replied 1 year ago

You need to take screws off back of top panel where the brackets are and slide top towards back and pull off. Then in front you can see the lock down inside next to door. There should be a release switch on lock. I cant find diagram for lock release but I know there is one on it because they all have a emergency release.

Appliance Technician: bruce peterson,
 replied 1 year ago

Here is manual

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks we got the door open through the top. For future reference, you need to press down on the interior latch to force unlock.
Appliance Technician: bruce peterson,
 replied 1 year ago

Yes I know that but since there are multiple models they are not all the same so in reference to the comment I know what the process is I was helping you.

Appliance Technician: bruce peterson,
 replied 1 year ago

rate service

bruce peterson
bruce peterson
bruce peterson