Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Refrigerator (Bottom Freezer) model PGSS5PJXB. It

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Refrigerator (Bottom Freezer) model PGSS5PJXB. It stopped working, the lights are out and there is electricity at the wall outlet. If there is a fuse, I can't find it. What can be the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your refrigerator today. Unfortunately there are no fuses on this refrigerator. If you're certain it's getting power from your house, it means that your main control board on the back of the refrigerator has failed and needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the control board you'd need to order and it's located behind an 8" x 10" sheet metal panel on the back f the refrigerator.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tyler, thank you for your advice. It turns out that the cord from the wall to the refrigerator was chewed up at the point where it enters the unit, sandwiched between two metal plates with a little fiber-glass for cushion (obviously not enough). It makes you wonder who designs these appliances. This could cause a fire! Replaced the cord, protected it with lots of tape, and everything works. I will keep the link in case more serious problems develop. Not sure how to rate your advice.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Alright well I'm very glad you got it working one way or another. That's just poor manufacturing.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.