Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My stand-alone Kenmore icemaker will not stop making ice. It

Customer Question

My stand-alone Kenmore icemaker will not stop making ice. It continues until the ice pushes the door open What could cause this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The only thing that would cause the icemaker to keep making ice after it's already full is a bad bin thermistor. If you open the door and look at the right side wall inside the ice compartment bucket, there is a white plastic rod sensor mounted to the right side wall. That is your bin thermistor and you'll need to replace it. If you have a full model number I can look up the part and send you a link to the sensor if you'd like so you can order it.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?