Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Samsung front loader that is stuck on spin cycle

Customer Question

I have a Samsung front loader that is stuck on spin cycle and has been that way for almost an entire day. I can't even get it to power off without unplugging it. Thoughts?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your washer today. Do you happen to have a model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker just inside the door way.

Also you say it's stuck on spin cycle but what do you mean exactly? Are you saying as soon as you plug the washer in it starts spinning?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a Samsung vrt he front loader. I don't have an exact model number. I thought to clean out the filter, pulled it out and it flooded the laundry room and was filthy and had a sock stuck in it. Cleaned it out and thought that would fix the problem but now it won't do anything at all.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK well you'll want to unplug the washer and just leave it unplugged for probably 48 hours to allow the unit to dry out. If it still acts up after that, then your motor control board mounted to the floor inside your washer shorted out when the laundry room flooded and the motor control board which controls the washer and tells it when to advance from cycle to cycle needs to be ordered and replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should water come out when you go to clean the filter?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

yes, water will come out which is why you shouldn't remove it unless you're prepared to soak up all the water with a wet vac or lots of towels. Also you don't want to open the filter all the way, just a little to drain the water out slowly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How would you clean it without removing it all the way? It says on the front of the washer to clean it every 2 months
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You would crack it open and soak up the water as it's coming out. Then once the water quits coming out, remove it completely and clean it out behind the round cap.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?