Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My 'enter' doesn't seem to be working so when I enter the

Customer Question
Hi! My 'enter' doesn't...
Hi! My 'enter' doesn't seem to be working so when I enter the oven temperature nothing happens.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/1/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago
Joel Swenson

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.
Please provide me with the model number of the unit you are needing help with so that I can give you model specific information, as soon as I get that information I will get your answer prepared as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok
JES9800 or 9900
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
JES 9800 CAS electric oven
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

thanks for that info can you give me the serial number as well, also when you hit enter does this display show anything a temperature or something?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No serial number that I can find
When I hit enter it just reverts to the temperature of the quickpad
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok so can you help me with this?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where did you go?
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

I am here sorry for the delay I was looking at a diagram of your unit. First try killing power to the breaker for few minutes then restore power and see if it resets. If not have a look at the heating elements in the bottom of the oven and see if it looks broke or burned, then if you have a meter test the element for continuity.

If that is ok then there are some thermostats on the back that need to be checked for continuity you will need to pull the range out and remove the back panel of the range - click here for thermostat locations

If all those check out ok then the control board is not sending power to the elements and it is bad.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

I can give you call now if you still would like me to do so.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

let me know what you find and if you need anything at all just let me know, thanks. In the meantime:

*******************************************************************************

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Call me if you can
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

I tried to accept the call request but the payment failed in the system and it will not allow me to call.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Because I can't make it work
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

Here I will submit another call request to see if it goes through this time, you do know its 24.00?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The payment of $5 went through just fine. I don't understand how this works obviously
Now I've paid $5 and haven't received any assistance or a call or an answer! So I'm not going to resubmit my credit card info.
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

Hi there,

I did answer your question actually, long time ago. Apparently you did not see it, so I will post it again.

First try killing power to the breaker for few minutes then restore power and see if it resets. If not have a look at the heating elements in the bottom of the oven and see if it looks broke or burned, then if you have a meter test the element for continuity.

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson