Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My whirlpool dishwasher garden hose connectionis leaking

Customer Question

my whirlpool dishwasher garden hose connectionis leaking for second time in two years i am afraid I will strip the treads
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure why the connection would leak 2 times with 2 different 90 degree connections unless the first 90 degree elbow was turn too hard when originally installed and compromised the threads on the valve itself. I would wrap the threads on the valve with teflon tape (pipe tape which you can get at any hardware store) and then screw the garden hose fitting onto the valve again. If it still leaks, I would replace both the connection and the valve so you don't have to keep dealing with this issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I JUST TRIED THE TAPE IT DID NIT HELP THE WATER IS COMING FROM THE BOTTEM OF THE GARDEN HOSE CONNECTION THE WASHER LOOKS GOOD

E

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You'd have to replace the elbow again at a minimum but since you've had a history of this elbow leaking I would replace the valve as well in case it was over tightened the first time the elbow was installed.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?