Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

The washing machine ran all night on a normal wash (started

Customer Question
at 10 last night and...
The washing machine ran all night on a normal wash (started at 10 last night and was running at 8 this morning still), I stopped the cycle and attempted to start a new cycle on a rinse and spin only. The cycle "starts" the display is normal and starts to count down, but nothing happens in the washer. It's not adding water or starting to spin or anything
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: It's a Whirlpool front loader. I'm asking for the model number. I'm not at home right now.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Possibly
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: On Normal cycle, it attempts to start spinning for a split second and then stops
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: the model number is *****
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
6/30/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Good morning! My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your washer today. If the washer continues to run and never completes the cycle and doesn't add water or drain, then something is just wrong with your main control board. Try to unplug the washer for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work then your main control board located in the back left corner of the washer under the top panel needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the part. To access just pull the washer forward and unplug the washer. Then remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Below is a link to the control board for the model number you gave me.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc