Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The controller/digital read-out on the front of my danby

Customer Question

the controller/digital read-out on the front of my danby DIM1524W icemaker cannot be read, how do I replace this reader....I have one bought and need to know how to change it?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: About two(2) weeks and it is getting tiresome.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no, not yet
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your icemaker today. First, below is a link to the display board you'd need for your icemaker. It's about $100.

CLICK HERE for display board

As for how to replace it, just unplug the icemaker and pry around the edges of the front touch control pad bezel. This front screen and button cover that sits in front of the display is just clipped in and if you pry all the way around with a knife you can pop it off to expose the display board behind it so you can replace the display board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?