Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a 1956 thermador WO 18AR with the warming drawer. I

Customer Question
I have a 1956 thermador...
I have a 1956 thermador WO 18AR with the warming drawer. I need to replace the element in the warming drawer. What is the wattage on the warming drawer element?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Bought a mid century home and moved in 2 years ago. Warming drawer has not worked since I've lived here.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have the original owner's manual. Finding an installation manual for this appliance would be helpful.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance in question?
Customer: Thermador WO 18AR
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
6/28/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

If you need to replace the element, the best thing to do is remove the old warming drawer element and bring it into an appliance parts store. They can match up the mounting resistance with a new element because this oven is far too old to have the OEM element still made I'm sorry to say. All you can do is bring the old element into a parts store and have them match it up as best they can.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What about an old installation manual.

Nothing was recorded digitally on units this old unfortunately. There are no diagrams, manuals, or anything of that sort that you can get on appliances made before the 1980's.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks

No problem and sorry about the circumstances but I wish you the best. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc