bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

Termpature will not hold freezeer will not hold 0

Customer Question

termpature will not hold freezeer will not hold 0
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Can you post the make and model number please.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
jenn air jf c2290vep8
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
call me(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
need more info
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that

Has the freezer defrosted now or does it still seem frozen?

If you empty the freezer and look at the back panel in there do you see any ice or frost on the back panel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.PLEASE CALL ME(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BACK PANEL IS COVERED WITH MOSITURE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NEW JENN AIRE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TEMPERUTRE GOING UP
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NEE IT RIGHT AWAY
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CANT WAIT
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NEED AN ANSWER
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Good day my name is ***** ***** If you press the maximum cold button do you hear the compressor running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CHECKING
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PRESSED MAX HOLD BUTTON HEAR MOTOR RUNNING
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Can you get around the back and feel the temperature of the motor (compressor) for me - is it hot or just warm?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CHECKINGNOT HOT NOT WARM AIR IS BLOWING OUT OF THE VENT
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Have you actually put you hand on the motor or are we just talking about the air coming out of the rear cover?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MOTOR IS HOT
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TOOK COVETR OFF AND MOTOR IS HOT
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ARE YIU THERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
jUST ONE MINUTE
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK one final thing - can you tell me which refrigerant is used in your system - R134a or R600a or R12 this will be noted upon the compressor label ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
R134A
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
YOU THERE
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK from what you have told me you have a shortage of refrigerant or the compressor is failing. This will require you to get a refrigeration engineer in to check the gas pressures. From the pressures he will be able to diagnose which of the two it is. In the meantime you need to get your produce shifted to somewhere to maintain its temperature. I#m sorry to be the purveyor of bad news but it is what it is. Could I now ask you to rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done all further questions are free of charge so do come back to me if you want further help. Yhank you for using JA and have a good day - Ian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE REFEREIGERTOR SEEMS TO BE GETTING COLDER
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SLOWLY
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

It will do, the appliance is on Max temperature and will continue to cool until it reaches a point where it can go no further, currently the thermostatic control is bypassed. Keep your eye on it for the next couple of hours and then come back to me with the temperatures - Ian