Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

The refrigeration unit has been continuously colder than

Customer Question
room temperature but not cold...
The refrigeration unit has been continuously colder than room temperature but not cold enough to keep tomato juice from going bad after 5 days or bean sprouts bad in 3 days. Meats spoil within 2-3 days. Sometimes a soda can be taken out at a delightfully chilled temperature, but maybe later that day barely colder than room temperature. We estimate the range fluctuates between 34-65 degrees F. That's our best description of the issue. Thank you for your response!
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: Retired and on a fixed income, a $50+/6mo water filter replacement led us to bi-pass the water filter in favor of a much less expensive kitchen sink filter system. We do miss that great ice machine.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. we understand that there is more than one thermostat. If we take a photo of the diminished model# ***** the manufacturers Label inside, would you be able to help us solve this riddle?
JA: Yes, I was born in America.
Customer: lol
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Thank you for your patience. how can i send the photo
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/26/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

What make and model unit is this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We have a partial number on the label inside the refrigerator that we are trying to send a picture of but are not sure how to do it. Please do not charge me anymore as I already paid on june 9th. when we tried to send it before it asked us to sign in again, but I apparently forgot my password ***** have been unable to reset it. How do I do this?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please, my wife and I are 71 and 65 years old and are just not as bright as we used to be. Can someone who understands our situation please get in touch with us NOW and help us before we lose more money in our attempt to get an ANSWER! I have kidney failure and have lost my capabilities of concentration. (dialysis 3 day/wk) Please show some mercy and call us so our food doesn't spoil anymore. **********
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

I found the refrigerator you have, it is model EI28BS55IS1. You may want to write that down somewhere for future use.

Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?

Kelly, Appliance Technician