Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

My washer beeped to say it was done. When I got to it it was

Customer Question

My washer beeped to say it was done. When I got to it it was flashing all sorts of codes.I tried to stop the machine & open the door.It would not open then all the operating lights went except the locked door light it was flashing and the machine was making a loud noise. Is there anything I can do to remedy this, as I have my husband's work clothes in the washer still.It is a Maytag model WFW70HEBW
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. We may need to get the codes to be sure of the problem but there are a few things we can try to get the door open. Unplug the washer for 3 minutes or turn off the breaker. Then see if the door will unlock. Let me know and if needed we will try to get the codes. If there is no dryer stacked on top we can manually unlock the door to get your clothes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unpluging didn't help and there is a dryer on top

Ouch, that makes it harder to do manually. The dryer would need to come down to get the washer top off. Do you hear any humming coming from the washer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, that is good. Let it run. If the pump and drain system is able to remove water it should unlock after about 12 minutes or so. Let me know what happens.

If it hums for more than 20 minutes you will need to pull the dryer down, take off the top and then the front to get to the pump filter to see if it is clogged.

Do you have an update? Do you still need help or is the washer back in business?

I noticed you did not rate me. Do you still need help?