John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have arranged four appointments to have my refrigerator

Customer Question

I have arranged four appointments to have my refrigerator fixed. The first time I asked my manor to meet the man. The man ignored the nabors phone number and posted a "sorry I missed you" note on my door. The next man ordered parts. I paid $413.23. The next time a man didn't show up. The fourth time a man installed the part and agreed with my son that a new seal around the door wasn't needed and wrote a return slip. The refrigerator still registers spoilage.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
596.65232403
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. What exactly is happening with your refrigerator?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The temperature is at sixty after the man installed the new part.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Is the freezer working?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
  1. Do you know what part they replaced?
  2. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section?
  3. Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He installed a control board kit. There's a fan running in the freezer and there's ice on the back wall.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

So the ice is the problem, it is not self defrosting. So that suggests that the heater or the defrost bimetal is faulty if the control has been replaced. Did he disassemble the freezer to test those components before replacing that control board?