Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Pearl - I have no lights on my panel, it will not start.

Customer Question

Pearl - I have no lights on my panel, it will not start. Checked the fuse and the door switch both fine. Your thoughts/
JA: Have you tried power cycling it -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Yes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, if possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: All the water drained out at the end of the last cycle, there is power going to the unit.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whirlpool GU2300XTVB1
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly are you still there?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Did you check the wiring connections in the lower right front corner at the junction box? They are common to fail due to poor connections, especially if you have aluminum wiring in your home to the dishwasher. Let me know what you find with those connections.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Checked and no problem.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay, do you have power to the control then, through the fuse?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
power to the fuse, fuse checked out fine.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

So that leaves only the control as faulty.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible that there is a bad float switch or the PWB or is it the control panel?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

No, not if the control is not lighting up. The float switch is just going to open the power to the water inlet valve.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK - is there a way to tell if it is the Control Panel or the Ckt Board?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a way to Reset the Control Panel?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If it is totally dead, it is the control. I can send you the sheet that shows how to test the switching of the touch pad, if you'd like, though.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok - But can it be tested if the unit is totally dead?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The tech sheet for your model is attached.

No, if it is dead, it will not go through a diagnostic cycle, it won't do anything. You can try using the tech sheet I sent but am pretty sure you will need the new control.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you referring the Control as the Electronic circuit Board or the Touch Pad?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The circuit board I linked you to.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok - got it. Thanks for your help and for the schematic. It looks like there are some Relays on this control Board. Is it possible to test and replace these?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You could test through a diagnostic cycle, if it was not dead. They just open and close for the loads, you will not be able to repair the control with the SMT components on it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK - Thanks for your assistance. Have a good evening.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You as well, thank you!