Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My whirlpool duet is showing SUD code and continues rinsing

Customer Question
and draining. I stop the...
My whirlpool duet is showing SUD code and continues rinsing and draining. I stop the washer and use drain and spin and rerun and sometimes the machine works and sometimes it SUD codes again
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Maybe 6 or 7 years. Model WFW9400SW00
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Only if it is not complicated like changing out parts etc.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
6/24/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help. As I think you know the sud code indicates over sudsing. You have already done something that helps but let's try a few simple thing and if they don't work we will move to the more difficult. Run an empty load with just a cub of bleach. If that does not help we will take off the front panel and clear the pump of any obstructions. I will send you a video link in a few minutes showing how to do that. Wait to rate until you run a few loads without the error.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Running washer empty load just bleach

Ok. Here is the link if you need to clean or replace the pump. It shows more than you need to do just to clean the filter. Use this to see what to do to check that first. If the pump is clean and not damaged we can try to clear the pressure system. Let me know what you find. Duet pump video link

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Washer still running

Take your time.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Running. No SUD code -- yet. Draining shows soap suds though although none pur in the cycle run
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I.e. No soap put in the cycle run
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Soap suds continue to be drained
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
SUD code just came up with 5 minutes left
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Water and sudsy water standing in washer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Now 3 minutes flashing
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Machine stopped at 3 minutes
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Should I use drain/spin to clear out

If you are still getting suds it may help to try one more empty cycle with the bleach.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Power button on. But cannot start machine. Does not start when held
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Unplugged. Plugged In and running drain spin to empty
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
SUD code shows during this.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Emptied and now running again with bleach only.

okay

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Went through entire cycle without SUD code

So far so good. If your water is not very hard you should cut back on the amount you use. Make sure you are using HE detergent and use less than the bottle says to use. Let me know what happens after a few washer loads.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will do.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I reduce water use
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I always use HE DETERGENT
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can I use the HE pods?

If your water is soft you are better off using liquid so you can cut back on the amount. With the pods you can't reduce the dose.

Do you have an update? Is the washer working okay again?

Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave