Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Tyler -- This time it's a Kenmore electric range. It was

Customer Question

Hi Tyler -- This time it's a Kenmore electric range. It was making a lot of clicking noises when the oven was heating. I checked the temperature sensor, and it seemed to ohm correctly. I replaced the control panel, and when the oven is heating it still makes a lot of clicking noises. When the broil element is heating, it does not.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Clicking noises are common during baking because they cycle the elements on and off a lot to maintain an even temperature, the bake and broil elements, especially if it is a Frigidaire built product. Is it heating correctly and the concern was just the clicking?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is an oven that has been in constant use, and has recently developed this constant clicking issue. It is a model 911.93402992, S/N 2F1930350.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Did you happen to test the voltage and watch what happens during the clicking to see if maybe there is a voltage loss that is causing the issue? Is the oven not keeping temperature?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not checked voltage. Both the bake and broil elements heat up quickly to an orange glow, so I assumed that the voltage had to be there. It seems the oven is fine temperature-wise.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

How rapid is the clicking and does it stay the same, even after the oven is preheated?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When we turn the oven on to pre-heat there is an audible single click. As the oven is preheating it occasionally clicks twice in a row. “click, click’. It seems preheating takes longer than it should, but not much to compare against. Once, the broiler would not heat after having had the oven pre-heated. The oven does eventually preheat and reach temperature. It does seem to bake just fine.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Well, it can really only be an issue with the control or voltage to it. If all wiring is fine and the voltage remains steady, I would suspect the control, whether it is new or not.