Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a small hand icon that I can't get rid of on my

Customer Question

hello, I have a small hand icon that I can't get rid of on my display and so i cannot set the fridge temperatures.
i've tried to hold down the ok button but it has only managed to bring up another small hand.
can you help? thanks,
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Will you please send me the make and model number? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
red, haier
model: AFD631GR
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did you get the model and make?
model: AFD631GR
make: red, haier with a fridge on top and two drawers beneath
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

While raising the door at the middle, push the Function Confirmation button to clean the icon display. If this doesn't restore normal operation please let me know.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None of what you just described is on my fridge -- there is no "function confirmation" button and have no idea what "raising the door at the middle" desribes. Are you for real or is this a scam and I'm a huge sucker.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

No scam. You can get your deposit refunded by requesting it. I'm passing along the information I'm finding. For an owners manual type the words "Haier AFD631GR owner manual" into your Google search box, and select the website you like.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where would i request my money refunded?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

If you press and hold the OK button again for 3 seconds, does one of the icons go away?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they do not. the settings seem to have reset themselves to -18 c for the freezer and 9 c for the fridge. are those the correct settings? the hands are still there. i have to unplug the fridte to move it across the room tomorrow though. will the settings come back?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Unplugging it will hopefully reset the electronics. I would unplug it now for at least 15 minutes to allow ample time for the reset and see what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid that it wont come back on.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I suspect that the electronic control is indeed having issues. You could just leave it but it is very likely that a power cycle (unplugging for 15 minutes) will reset it. It would be be very unlikely that it will not be functional, at least to the degree that it is now, after a power cycle.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is 8c the correct fridge temp and -18c the correct freezer temp? I might wait until I have to move it in the morning or I'm going to lose a bunch of food.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are three places for temperatures. Top middle bottom. The bottom is set at 00. The freezer is not cold but the fridge is. Is there any way to restart everything?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The lack of cooling is likely from an air flow issue. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?

A reset is just as I suggested, unplug for 15 minutes.....

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

2* C and -18* C would be a good temperature.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no frost on the inside and no fan running.the thing is, i had it unplugged for 45 minutes and when i put it back on nothing started up. is there a reset button?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

So the display is now dark?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does that mean it's not working/running?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Are you certain there is power to the plug?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the lights are on in the inside of the fridge. is the display always bright/backlit? it's off. i hear an engine, but i don't think it's a fan.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It should light up when you press a button.