Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a GE front loading washer model #GFWN1100 about 4 yrs

Customer Question
Hi- I have a GE front...
Hi-
I have a GE front loading washer model #GFWN1100 about 4 yrs old not used a lot so still in good condition. I washed a blanket in it and when I went to move it to the dryer I noticed it was still quite wet - no water in the tub but the blanket was too wet to move to the dryer. I decided to put it in the rinse and spin cycle but it was not working.What it would do is I turn it on and it seems pretty normal, water seems to be going in and then the drum rotates slowly for a short period of time, maybe 30 seconds. Than the water drains out but then does nothing. Display reads spin but the drum is not spinning at all and the timer continues to count down but nothing's happening.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
6/23/2016
Appliance Technician: John, restaurant equipment technician replied 1 year ago
John, restaurant equipment technician

Think the wet blanket is too heavy for the motor to start the tub spinning before the control board locks out. Remove the power by unplugging the cord for 30 minutes to see if the control board will reset its program and function normally. Run a wash cycle with nothing in the tub. If you need more help, please let me know.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for your reply John.
I did what you asked, twice but still no go.
It does pretty much the same thing - water seems to be going in and then the drum rotates slowly for a short period of time, maybe 30 seconds. Than the water drains out but then does nothing. Display reads wash but the drum is not spinning and something is making noise, sounds like the pump but no water is coming out. I have removed the access panel on the back so I can see the drum is not turning. It will countdown a few minutes then stops and door lock is clicking but there is still time left in the wash cycle.

I think the drive belt is worn, and it's slipping on the motor pulley. It needs to be replaced. Its part number is(###) ###-#### ***** its price is $60.05. You can buy it at www.repairclinic.com

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have the rear panel off and everything looks in new condition. Belt looks good, has good tension and
no fraying

Check to make sure the motor is turning during operation. Please let me know what you find. Thank you.

Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The tech sheet for your model is attached. Can you please retrieve the error codes that may be stored and post them? Will it run the spin test? It sounds like the control is having issues but let's see what the error codes stored are.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Kelly-
I get an E46 error code

Can you move the inner tub easily by hand?

The motor control has likely failed and will need to be replaced. That part is mounted on the base of the machine. Check all connectors in case they pulled off and replace if found to be secure.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Kelly-
I called a service technician, been here twice now.
First time replaced door lock which he had on his truck but still same problem.
Second time replaced inverter board but still not working - same as before. Now he's thinking maybe the door lock was bad and will be back later today w/a new one and if he can a new inverter board.

Sounds like a real stumper. Good luck.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Kelly –
We have now replaced the inverter board twice and tried at least two different door latches the problem persists.
Next we will try a new motor.
Any ideas?
Kelly, Appliance Technician