Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Intermittent e 01, f 08 error codes duet washer, Whirlpool

Customer Question

Intermittent e 01, f 08 error codes duet washer
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Whirlpool duet front loader approx 6-7 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: LOL
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'd love to know what the problem is. If it is something I saw before where i need to push a series of buttons, I'll do that but if it is installing parts, no.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information? The tag is around the opening where the clothes are loaded.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is running now. If it doesn't stop again it has 45 min to go.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

That error means that the water is entering the machine too slow, or the pressure switch thinks it is (see the attached page). Usually, this is caused by a plugged screen, especially in the cold water valve. Are you able to remove the hoses to inspect the screens in the water valves?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When the cycle is complete I will check the screen in the water hose.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sure, thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope, thank you. I'll let you know. I also read that if the drain hose is too far down the drain it can cause the same problem.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Only if it is siphoning out. Let me know what you find with the screens.