Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore Heavy Duty hg Capacity washing, Model #

Customer Question
Hi I have a...
Hi I have a Kenmore Heavy Duty Hihg Capacity washing, Model # ***** Serial Number(###) ###-#### It has been working fine but today, I put in a duvet cover for a kingsize comforter and a thermal blanket. The washer stoped in the rinse cycel so I rearranged the load, resent the machine and it filled up with rinse water. Now it has stopped again so I took out the thermal blanket and made sure the duvet cover was able to freely move but the machine will not longer turn on. I've checked the reset switch and made sure that it is receiving power but nthing has helped.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model Number is *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not sure - I dont' know what's wrong.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Like what?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
6/21/2016
Appliance Technician: John, restaurant equipment technician replied 1 year ago
John, restaurant equipment technician

Do you see an error display? Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
NO, there is no display on this machine. No computer parts or lights. Just dials

If you haven't already done so, manually rotate the timer through a complete rotation.

Run a wash cycle to see if the timer will complete the cycle. If it doesn't, replace the timer. Its part number is ***** and its price is $126.20. You can buy it at www.repairclinic.com. A replacement video is available at the website.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
John, I have rotated the dial but there is no response from the machine. Basically, it is as if it is not plugged in. It is and there is power going to the machine so far as I can tell. By that, I mean that the cord is plugged into a working circuit and shows no signs of not working. However, this machine has no lights on the control panel to determine if it is receiving power. My own estimate is that the motor has stopped working and I can use an device to check for that. Is there a way to check to seeif the timer is not working before replacing it?

First, plug a lamp or electric tool into the washer receptacle, to make sure it's live. Then rotate the timer in steps to see if it works at some points, and not at others. The motor has a switch on it that needs to be depressed in order for the motor to run. You can see a photo of it at the website. Enter your model number (110.24422300) into the search box, then scroll down the left side list to "motor switch" and click on it. Check to make sure the switch is depressed by the cam, when the timer calls for agitate or spin functions. If it is depressed, and the motor doesn't run, replace the switch. Its part number is ***** and its price is $60.85.

John, restaurant equipment technician