Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My new GE fridge has stopped working, no compressor, no

Customer Question
lights, no ice making, no...
My new GE fridge has stopped working, no compressor, no lights, no ice making, no cooling, nothing
Model GFE28HMHCS
Serial No VD510857
Help
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
6/20/2016
Appliance Technician: bruce peterson,
 replied 1 year ago
bruce peterson

Hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today. I will need a few minutes to gather information on your model.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Bruce are you still there ??
Appliance Technician: bruce peterson,
 replied 1 year ago

Yes I am. Have you checked the breaker and power from wall plug?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
of course that was the first thing,,, I even plugged the fridge into another working outlet confirmed with another appliance.seems like the fridge should have an internal breaker or fuse ????
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ten minutes and this is all I get.... I will request a refund :(
Appliance Technician: bruce peterson,
 replied 1 year ago

No i am working on a solution you need to be patient

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry thought you were off line
Appliance Technician: bruce peterson,
 replied 1 year ago

No I am working to help you I am also handling other troubles so please be patient and we will get your unit working again

Appliance Technician: bruce peterson,
 replied 1 year ago

Are you sure that is the model# ***** cant seem to pull up the diagram on this. Give me a few more minutes

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry mistypedGFE28HHCES
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have conflicting model / serial numbers on the documentsTry this Model - GFE28HMHESThe Canadian Model may be - GFE28HMHCES
Appliance Technician: bruce peterson,
 replied 1 year ago

There are 2 letters after the model number it will be either bb ww ss or one of those i need that it determine correct model

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
where will I find that information ?I am in the US and live in Texas and bought the fridge in Texas
Appliance Technician: bruce peterson,
 replied 1 year ago

It will be right next to the model #

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
let me go to the fridge and look
Appliance Technician: bruce peterson,
 replied 1 year ago

Is there a silver panel on the back of unit? There isnt a fuse or breaker internally. I cant find the diagram for this model it seems to be a weird model for Ge. But i can still diagnose it without diagram.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
from the plate in the fridge
Model GFE 28 HMHCES
Serial Number VD510857
Appliance Technician: bruce peterson,
 replied 1 year ago

Is there a panel on back of unit?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
where the circuit board is located ?
Appliance Technician: bruce peterson,
 replied 1 year ago

Yes if there is no power but only from the plug in then the board is bad. It controls the power to the unit

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the board was replaced last week and the unit still did not regain POWER !
Appliance Technician: bruce peterson,
 replied 1 year ago

Then either the board was installed wrong or it was a bad board because that would be the only thing to cut power except a bad power plug or bad wiring harness but thats a rare thing

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you,,, however you have not been any help
Appliance Technician: bruce peterson,
 replied 1 year ago

How so?

Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

On that model, there is a secondary board mounted in the top of the door (number 195 in the diagram at the link below). It is likely that there is an issue with that board or the wiring harness connection. Do you have a meter to test voltage with?

CLICK HERE

Kelly, Appliance Technician