Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Maytag MDE2400AYW dryer stacked on an RV. The dryer keeps tripping the breaker even with the door open.

Customer Question
Hi Kelly. I have...
Hi Kelly. I have a Maytag MDE2400AYW dryer stacked on an RV. The dryer keeps tripping the breaker even with the door open. I have pressed the door switch repeatedly but it still does a slight hum before the breaker immediately throws. We had used it earlier this week at another campground and it ran fine, but now it won't start. I've checked for 220 v to the breaker at the dryer and it tested ok.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
6/20/2016
Appliance Technician: Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Ezekiel
Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician

hi I'm Ezekiel I will be helping you with this problem

when you press start it makes a hum noise then trips he breaker as stated

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello Ezekiel. No, I don't have to push start. When I reset the breaker, the dryer makes a brief humming noise like the motor is stalled, and then immediately trips the breaker.
Hi
Ok yes that humming is the motor bound up in front of the dryer where the filter goes if something got thru a sock anything it will get stuck in the blower housing can u open the door and rotate the drum or is a little hard to turn
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The drum turns freely. The odd thing is that it will hum regardless of whether the door is open or not.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ezekiel. Are you still live on this? I don't see anyway a sock could get in the drum by the filter. Again the drum turns freely.Any ideas?

if the drum turns freely so should the motor unless its locked up or if the belt pulley is bad it wont spin causing the motor to hum then trip the breaker

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how do I check this further? The unit is stacked in a closet. Can the front be removed without taking the dryer out of the closet? Can you provide instructions on how to remove the front? Thanks

hi please respond when ready you will need to take the front panel off the dryer your going to have to remove the top of the dryer to access screws to remove the front panel

Ezekiel
Ezekiel
Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician