Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Ge profile front load washer is discharging water that

Customer Question

ge profile front load washer is discharging water that smells like raw sewage. please help.. we have baking soda and ginger the washer and also bleach... nothing seems to help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bruce peterson replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was suppose to be vinegar not ginger
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any thoughts?

Ok so are you saying the water that is coming into the washer is smelling bad or is it the draining water and inside the washer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is only the draining water into the wash basin... we have had them for about 5 years... know all about basket clean, etc... getting the smell out of towels with baking soda and vinegar..... but this has me totally pickled.. the smell coming out of the DRAIN line only stinks... we do have a screen catch connected to the end to keep the drains from filling up with the stuff in that...

Ok if understanding correctly you have the drain water going into a sink and the water is smelling. Well the water is gonna smell to a degree because it is dirty from the wash. But if it is the inner drum then you need to not only clean that you also need to clean out and get a bacterial cleaner for the drain pump because thats where most of the stagnant water is at. You need to use some Affresh tabs and clean the bacteria out of the washer also you may need to get a new drain hose because the bacteria probably has infitrated the plastic or rubber and cant ever be cleaned out.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The drain pump is likely able to be accessed by removing the lower panel in the front from below the door. The filter will unscrew, allowing access to the pump and lower portion of the drain hose for cleaning. A condenser brush (available at link below) will allow you to "scrub" the inside of the drain hose.

CLICK HERE

Unfortunately, the odor is an inherent problem with front loading machines, especially if you do not use a cleaner at least monthly. The tabs be, low are industrial strength and will last for 2 years. I would strongly encourage you use them monthly.

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!