Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Trying to locate a replacement door enclosure plastic frame

Customer Question

Trying to locate a replacement door enclosure plastic frame for the outside of the microwave door. It;'s all plastic and snaps on the front. I believe the part number is ***** which I researched from an illustration. This is for a combo unit built in 1999 - Microwave on top oven on bottom. Frame on mircrowave door cracked and needs to be replaced. I have images. Having a difficult time trying to relocation a replacement part of do something to repair the facing rather than spent $3k for a new unit. Units works very well. Can you help me locate/purchase a new microwave door face/plate frame? Thank you in advance. Bill -***@******.*** The model number of the General Electric combo unit is J KP85W0A2WW SERIAL#HV623115Q MFG MAY 1999... Also there are numbers on the frame piece I need replaced stamped in the plastic which shows... SW/S1-1 MW8442W(M751) ABS 4041-0081
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The door is only available as a complete assembly, shown as number 129 in the diagram at the link below.

CLICK HERE

It is part number WB55T10035.

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I came across that same illustration. I do not mind purchasing the whole door assy.
The problem is, the site says no longer avail. May be a factory direct purchase.
I know what I need and have the part/model numbers.
I need to know where to buy it from? Can you help me obtain a source or phone number to order the part from?
Thank you for your prompt reply. Bill
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I sent you the link to GE but will send it again.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The first response link took me to the illustration only showing 129, without a source to obtain and order. The second email you send provided GE's contact to order the part. As I stated the part is discontinued. I'm trying to get help locating a replacement and ordering a replacement. You provided a link to MFG and the GE part ordering contact. This information is readily available on the internet. I am looking for someone to help me source the part from a supplier that has one in stock. I have spent hours calling parts supply warehouses and distributors to try and locate a replacement. I am trying "just answers" in effort to reach out to Professional who might be aware of a viable source to obtain the part. The exact part I need just sold on eBay last month in May. I know there are a few out there. I need help sourcing it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for googling my part number and providing the GE website that no longer carries the item. My reason for reaching out to Just Answers for help. I see you've passed the buck to someone else. My rating for you would be poor. I didn't pay $45 to obtain a link. As a systems engineer fully capable of searching the internet, I reached out for a source not research services.