Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We have a GE profile convection gas stove. The oven does not

Customer Question
heat past 100. The igniter...
We have a GE profile convection gas stove. The oven does not heat past 100. The igniter and burner bar have been replaced but still doesn't heat up. Igniter lights up but it seems like gas doesn't flow to ignite. The gas cooktop works and oven broiler work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is about 5 years old. Model number is *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: We live rurally and already paid a tech to come out only to be told to order the igniter and burner bar. They were not helpful at all. So yes, if we can we would like to do our selves.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think that's all the in info I have.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
6/18/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

If you have changed out the ignitor and it still will not light, the only thing that could cause that is a bad gas valve. This valve I have replaced quite a few times for that issue so it is not surprising. Here is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Does this part have to be installed by a technician? Or can I do it myself?

You can do it yourself, just shut the gas off to the unit and unplug it. You will just have to disconnect the gas to the valve and then unscrew the mounting screws to pull it out and change it over.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Why do the broiler and burners work if it is this part?

Because the broiler and burners are separate functions, the valve has two bimetal flaps that open for bake and broil, the bake one is not opening and is stuck.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you.

no problem

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician