Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE Adora refrigerator that is a couple of years

Customer Question

I have a GE Adora refrigerator that is a couple of years old. The front panel is non responsive for water and ice dispensing.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I am not close to the unit now. I can only guess that it was purchased 5 years ago.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

If the front panel is lit up but not working, the main control on the back of the cabinet is likely at fault. Unplug it for about 15 minutes to reset the electronics. If no change, please post the model number.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. It was moved and has been unplugged for a few months. I turned it on today and no power to the panel.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Oh, okay, If it is totally dark, I would look at the door connector at the hinge. Make sure it is plugged in securely and none of the pins have come loose and pushed out if the connector.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will get the model number shortly.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Roger that, thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DSS25KSRC SS. Does that help?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Perfect, thank you! Did you get a look at the door connector?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess I don't know exactly where to look. Do I need to remove a panel?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

No, the connector is usually at the bottom of the door near the hinge. If not there, it is at the top hinge, under the cover.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I will go look and see if I can figure it out. If not,can I write you back for next steps?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Of course! Just reply right back here, thank you!