How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kelly Your Own Question
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 22847
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Kelly is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a CV 2236 thermador cooktop that I want to replace

Customer Question

Hi I have a CV 2236 thermador cooktop that I want to replace with a new-used kitchenaid smoothtop . My issue being the downbeat control is in the old cooktop. Can I pop the control of the cooktop & use like that?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: Then I am wondering about wiring the cook too to the panel box, direct to the color wires in the breaker box ?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sending a couple pics if it works, of the panel box hookup from old stove. 2 plugs that run the stove & downvent . Then the panel box & the possible wiring to the new stove.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The controls are all integrated and cannot be separated to use to just control vent. You could, hypothetically, have a control system wired in manually but if someone is willing to take on that project, it will cost a great deal.