Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Refriderator

Customer Question
Refriderator
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
6/12/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

What is the make, model and issue?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
GE model gfss6kkyass

Ok great what is the problem with it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Unable to adjust temperature. It keeps resetting to a higher temperature

Ok it will go back to the actual temps, so it sounds like it may not be cooling correctly, what are the temps it is displaying?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Minus 2 degrees F for the freezer and 63 degrees for the refrigerator. It should be minus 2 and plus 38 respectively

Yes this sounds like you may have a defrost issue, if you look at the back panel inside the freezer do you see any frosting at all?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No frosting observed

OK your refrigerator evaporator is likely not defrosting, there is a evaporator in the refrigerator section. If that is not cooling or frosted up air flow will not flow properly and everything in the refrigerator will get warm. If you are handy you can remove the panel and check it. If it is frosted up or the fan is not working the unit will be 63 degrees.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The freezer is staying at minus 2 and the refrid temp is presently at 55 and falling. The situation may be OK

Yes maybe the door was left ajar, it sounds like it is cooling again!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There was no issue with the doors. Kindly confirm that my final cost is $5.00

Yes whatever you agreed to pay is what you would be charged

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the service thanks.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician