Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

WINDOW AC SHOWING E5 IN ON THE TEMP WINDOW, MODLE NO. IS

Customer Question
LRA08A17...
WINDOW AC SHOWING E5 IN ON THE TEMP WINDOW, MODLE NO. IS LRA08A17
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
6/11/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

That is an evaporator thermister error, meaning either the thermister is reading out of range, the wiring is broken to the thermister or the board is bad not reading the thermister correctly. You would have to get to the thermister and check the ohm range on it to see if it is around 10K ohms at room temp. If so then check the wiring to the board. If that is all good replace the board.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the service thanks.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician