How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, restaurant equipment technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 2136
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm looking condenser cooks Jenn air refrigerator : There is

Customer Question

I'm looking for the condenser cooks for my Jenn air refrigerator
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: There is a loud buzzing sound that comes on intermittently in my refrigerator
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: Noise has been getting louder in past day. Noise goes away when I open the fridge or freezer for a couple minutws
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Will you please send me the model number, so I can find the technical information I need to help you? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model JBR2088HES (may tag)
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Will you please explain what condenser cooks means?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oops. Condenser coils?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

OK. Thank you. Are you looking for the replacement part?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, not yet. I'm just wondering where the compressor is located for that model.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it needs to be replaced, is it in the back of fridge or bottom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Moving the refrigerator out from where it is may be really difficult so that's why I'm asking
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

You will find it at the rear lower section of the fridge. If you're having warming in the fridge, look for a layer of lint blocking the air flow through the condenser radiator. Remove any debris you find with a ShopVac, and give the fridge a couple of hours to cool down and stabilize. If you need more help, please let me know.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rear, meaning it's in the back of the fridge? There seems to be sonething I can access in the front part of the refrigerator at the bottom
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

From the parts diagram I see the condenser coil cleaning needs to take place from the rear of the fridge. There's probably a removable front kick panel, but there's very little you can do through the opening.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thank you!
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome.