Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Have Maytag bottom freezer model mfi2665xew7 not making

Customer Question
ice.Ice maker is in the...
Have Maytag bottom freezer model mfi2665xew7 not making ice.Ice maker is in the fridge with its own fan,which is working.Fridge not cooling correctly,freezer working but ice on back wall.The evap fan not working.Deiced and replaced fan motor which came with thermostat.Fan didn't come on.Then removed the main board and noticed a wire coming from the cabinet harness to the main board had a inline fuse or resistor m not sure but in looked burnt.How do i repair this problem?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
6/9/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Ok you will need a new board to fix the issue the board supplies power to the evaporator fan, if the wiring is good nothing else will cause that issue. This is the board you will need, that inline wire you were talking about will have nothing to do with the issue you are having.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician