Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a maytag 30" oven, #MGR5751BDS. The top is working

Customer Question

I have a maytag 30" oven, #MGR5751BDS. The top is working fine. When trying to use the oven itself, I hit bake, set a temperature, then hit bake for it to start but it flashes 100 and beeps while flashing back to the temperature and nothing Happens
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your oven today. It sounds like your oven is programming correctly, but it's just not heating because it's showing you the actual temperature is still 100 degrees or less which is correct. It sounds like your bake igniter is just going out and needs to be replaced. Igniters generally last about 6-8 years normally and then they either stop working all together, or they just get weak and don't draw 3.2 amps even though they are glowing. If an igniter doesn't pull 3.2 amps, the oven gas safety valve will not open up. Now the bake igniter is mounted to the bake burner below the floor inside the oven so you'd need to pull the floor out of the oven to access the igniter for replacement. Below is a link to the igniter for your model and it costs about $50.

CLICK HERE for igniter

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

No problem at all. I'm glad I could help. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and if you need anything else just let me know.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
The igniter was not the problem. Installed a new one, it did not fix the issue. Tested the old igniter and it worked fine. I am thinking the problem is with the gas safety valve or the board.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Those would be the only 2 other options so I would say that is right. You'd need to unplug the igniter and test power between each wire going to the igniter when compared to ground. If you don't have 110 volts on either wire to ground, replace the control board. If you do have 110 volts to one wire, then replace the oven gas safety valve because that is what cuts neutral to the igniter.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.