Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a maytag washing machine 4000 series. I pushed the

Customer Question

i have a maytag washing machine 4000 series. I pushed the "control lock" button this morning and am now unable to use my machine. How do i release that function?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

All you should need to do is press and hold the control lock button for 5 seconds and that should unlock the control panel. If that isn't working, unplug the washer for 5 minutes and try again. If it still won't unlock, the control panel itself has just failed for some reason because there is no other way to unlock the control panel if the control lock light is illuminated.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?