Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Our jennair downdraft drop in oven has a burned out LED. We

Customer Question
know how to set the...
Our jennair downdraft drop in oven has a burned out LED. We know how to set the oven temps etc but I would like to clean the oven. IS there a simple way to turn on the self cleaning and know that it will turn on.
That is, what are the steps to take to set self clean, time and temp for cleaning without
the LED prompts?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
6/8/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Do you have a model number so I can see what unit you have?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
SVD48600W

Since your display has dimmed out and you can no longer read it, then below is a link to the manual for your unit that allows you to see how to set the oven. You'll have to follow it step by step when it comes to self clean because there is no way to know you did it all properly other than the oven will start heating up shortly after you set it if you set the oven properly since the display is blank. You could of course replace the display board to fix this issue as well but that is about $300 for the part. The self cleaning procedure starts on page 41

CLICK HERE for manual

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok, I'm going to the manual now.

Sounds good. Let me know if you need anything else.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc