Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Gtup270em0ww Washer was full of water. Put to spin and

Customer Question

Gtup270em0ww
Washer was full of water. Put to spin and starts draining and then door locks starts clicking and then stops draining
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

How long does the door lock continue to click?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About 20 seconds, like it's trying to lock but gives up
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Can you get to the plug or turn the breaker off for about 5 minutes and then see if it changes at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll go back and try but what's the most common cause? Bad lock or control?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It is probably a faulty lock, the switch inside is probably faulty and not closing when the lock is engaged. That is why it keeps locking, it cannot determine if the lid is locked or not. Let me know what happens with the power reset. In the meantime, I will look up the lock for you.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Replaced lock but still didn't spin. Found that the lid didn't sit flat because someone had bent where the lid sits. Pushed that down and the lid locks. Now it makes a horrible sound when its trying to spin. It looks like the gear under the transmission is not actuating properly so the tub doesn't spin. It sounds like the two gears are grinding together and it makes a high pitch chattering sound. I know i've seen this before but forget the solution.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is what i'm experiencinghttp://my.justanswer.com/question/guest/6bdc5b199bfb4fd2871d9ddf92210a7c
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Does it make noise when it goes through the diagnostic cycle, too?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I put in diagnostic mode?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

See the attached pages.