Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My may tag 2000 series washer has been giving me a LF ERROR

Customer Question
CODE. I replace the water...
My may tag 2000 series washer has been giving me a LF ERROR CODE. I replace the water intake valve. Just tried it and it is still given me the code. Any ideas???
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: It starts to wash and fills then begins to agitate. Then it stops and gives a LF ERROR CODE
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/4/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

When it gives the error, is there ample water in the tub?

May I please have your complete model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The tub fills half full. I believe that is as much as it always has. I don't know where to get the complete model number. Can you tell me?

It should be on a tag under the lid or behind the door around the opening.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
MOD
MHWE201YW00SER
HL22087700

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The pressure sensor, number 23in the diagram at the link below, is likely having issues. Access it by removing the screws from the back of the top panel and slide the top off. Remove the hose from the pressure switch and blow through it (the hose). If air easily passes, replace that pressure switch.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My machine is still not working. I've replaced the parts and nothing. It does the same thing and gives the same LF ERROR.
I've been charged $28 and still have a machine that don't work

Is the tube clear? Can you blow through it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
As far as I can tell. When I unhook it from the pressure switch and blow in the tube. I can hear sure passing and blowing bubbles. But I can't see the other end of the tube.

Okay, so that is clear. As the water fills, the air pressure rises in that tube to the pressure switch. In turn, the pressure switch tells the main control what the water level is doing.

If you have replaced the pressure switch, either the message is not getting to the control from it or the control is not processing it correctly. The LF means that the control is not "seeing" the water level rising.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Meaning????? What the next step

Well, if the pressure switch is new and you are certain the wiring between the pressure switch and the control is good, then the control is likely faulty. Return the pressure switch and replace the main control.

CLICK HERE

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where is the main control?
And where does the other end of the hose connect?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What wiring are you referring to?

The other end of the hose connects to the tub so that air pressure can pass through it to the pressure switch as the water level changes. The wiring from the pressure switch to the main control in the right front corner at the top.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wouldn't it not work at all if the control is bad?
How much do they cost?
And would this be the last thing possible?
I don't want to keep buying parts.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Instructions on the machine to say run a diagnostic cycle, but idk how. Do you ?

It will work to fill if the pressure circuit is all that is faulty, but will error that LF you are seeing. Yes, I know how to run the diagnostics, but it won't be helpful. I can get you the instructions, though, if you would like.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well if it's not gonna help I don't guess there's a need.
How much is the control

See page 5 of the attached tech booklet.

Kelly, Appliance Technician