John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

I have a northland 42SS-SP that has quite working. If I

Customer Question

I have a northland 42SS-SP that has quite working. If I unplug it overnight and plug it back in it will start work for maybe a day or two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Will you please elaborate on the term "not working"? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The freezer is not freezing but is cool and the fridge is not cold.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will work fine for maybe a day or two and then I have to uplug it overnight and plug it in the next morning and works again for maybe a day or two.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

OK. Thank you. Before considering parts replacement, inspect the condenser coil radiator for an accumulation of lint that blocks the air flow through it. Remove any lint you find with a ShopVac, and give the fridge a couple of hours to cool down and stabilize. If you need more help, please let me know.

Using the expert's rating scale, found at the top of your screen, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my answer. I'm not paid, until your rate my service. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had already cleaned all the coils.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need to give you a star rating on each answer you give me?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

You need to rate the service only once. I've searched every parts source I know, and there is no parts information I can find. I'll opt out, so other experts can discuss the problem with you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. so now what do I need to do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry just read that you had referred me to a new appliance tech. Sorry I will wait for the new response. Thank you for your help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to rate you but it won't let me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just wondering when I can expect an answer. Thanks Heidi