Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a top loader whirlpool washer mod wtw7340xw2 not

Customer Question

I have a top loader whirlpool washer mod wtw7340xw2 not spinning it starts and stops and on the cycle knob it has a message ld and it beeps.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

"ld" means that your washer isn't draining. You'll need to tip the the washer backwards and unplug the unit so you can get under the washer. The drain pump is mounted to the back of the washer under the tub. It will need to be removed to check for any blockages. If you find nothing, then drain all the water out and try the washer again. If you get the error code again and you found nothing in the drain pump, you need to replace the drain pump itself. Below is a video that shows you how to remove the drain pump so you can check for debris or replace the pump.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to have to call someone out to fix it, the washer is too heavy for me to move,
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Alright understood. I'm sorry to hear about your problem and I hope it can be resolved relatively soon.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The manual keeps telling me it's the lid switch, could that be the problem?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

No it can not. Not if you're getting an Ld error. The problem is exactly what I explain before, it's a drain issue. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.