Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool refrigerator with in door ice and water

Customer Question
dispenser. The ice dispenser drops...
I have a whirlpool refrigerator with in door ice and water dispenser. The ice dispenser drops out a few cubes and quits. We dumped the system and cleaned it out. We let the ice refill and tried again this morning and it did the same. It dispensed a few cubes and shut down. What am I doing wrong?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/3/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Good morning, do you have a model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section. Also, do you have to wait awhile before you can dispense more ice after it stops? Or when can you get more cubes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Mod. FD5FHAXSS01Yes you wait and it does it again. Not immediately but after a several minute delay

OK so this means your auger motor is just going bad and overheating. You'll need to order and replace the auger motor to fix the issue. This motor has been redesigned so it comes with instructions. The auger motor is located below the ice bin area toward the bottom of the dispenser on the inside of the door. To access you open the door and get on your hands and knees and look up below the dispenser to see a 4" x 6" white plastic access panel which you can unscrew.

CLICK HERE for auger motor

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc