Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Jon! I need help to find out problem on my refrigerator

Customer Question

hi Jon! I need help to find out problem on my refrigerator
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Good morning! My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your refrigerator today. Can you tell me what is wrong and do you happen to have a model number so I can better assist you? The model should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tyler!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello :-)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Refrigerator stop cooling both sections after I disconnect power and reconneCT it start cooLing again but next day it stop cooling again
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK perfect, and do you have a model number so I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lxf31925st/00
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Perfect, and when the refrigerator stops cooling is it silent? What is showing on the display?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LFX
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no error code or so, display show as normal
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** what you meant for the model.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ran test mode pushing button on board it's all working and compressor feels like working but it's not even warm
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Alright so the only thing that would shut the entire refrigerator down without an error is the control board itself. It sounds like the logic to cool the refrigerator down works, but once it reaches set temperature it won't maintain which means that the logic in your board is corrupt so you'll need to order and replace the main control board on the back of the refrigerator. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All fans working good inside and out
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

yes understood, but if the compressor is shutting off and it's cooling down, it's a control board issue because it's not getting power from the board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not compressor start relay?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It feels like compressor working all time by feeling its shaking
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

No, if the start relay were bad it would be overloading and cutting the compressor off. If that were the case the compressor would be blazing hot from overloading and starting up over and over.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Understood, so I need to order a new board ? From repair clinic? What is exact number for it?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Correct, the part number is *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Tyler!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

No problem and good luck!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon again. I see you tried to start a new question but it's still a continuation of this one so I'll answer it here. If you replaced the control board and you're still having an issue, you'll want to see what the refrigerator is doing when it stops cooling. Is it 100% silent? Does everything run except the compressor? If you touch the compressor is it warm, hot, or room temperature? etc...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
looks like working but not cooling
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I would need to know more about what the compressor is doing. Is it warm, room temperature, blazing hot? Is it running, not running? Is the fan next to it running? Is it cutting out ever few minutes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
compressor working, worm, fan working as well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you can feel by touch
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

That really makes no sense unless the compressor is just going out and that's not an issue you can fix yourself anyways so unfortunately it sounds like you need a technician to check the pressures to know what's going on with the sealed system.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What I have to do with $159 board?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If you got it from the link I gave you before you just contact them and return it. They accept returns on control boards.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought it at repair clinic
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, they take returns on boards.