Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a GE Pro Elite water softener system (model GL4000347

Customer Question

I have a GE Pro Elite water softener system (model GL4000347 and GL400 1050 AU 10) which has developed a very high brine water level almost 2.5 ft. above the salt in the brine tank. The LCD panel on the taller unit is working so there is power to that main tank.
Many electrical storms have interrupted electrical power to the unit for multiple days. Thunder storms continue to cause almost daily loss of residential AC power. Is there a reset button somewhere which we need to engage or could the drain tubes be causing the problem? The drain line exits the garage to the side of the house and we have experienced great amounts of rain but no yard flooding. Any ideas? Ted Jones
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

Have you checked and cleaned the screens in the unit, often they get clogged and then the brine is not sucked through when it is in regennerate causing that issue and a higher water level.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the service thanks.